Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Patience from Life Letters

I'm probably one of the most impatient people on the planet. I am a problem solving, truth seeking, action-oriented woman. And to wait does not bode well with me. Especially when what I'm waiting for is clarity or an answer.  


I can't begin to count how many times I've said, "All we can do is pray," and immediately begin to pour every ounce of my energy into finding the answer instead of simply praying. Oh, I prayed alright, but it was as a tacked on addition to what I was doing to address the problem or situation. Prayer felt like hitting pause in the middle of an action scene of an epic film. 


Don't get me wrong; I prayed with expectation of God doing something. I just felt like I needed to be doing something, too.  


Can we say cocky? As if God needs my help! See, impatient.



All I can do is continue to cry out to the Lord in prayer, and in so doing, I find the strength to wait patiently. I believe that prayer is patience in action.
Doughty, Becky (2011-07-01). Life Letters: The Fruit of the Spirit (Kindle Locations 563-564). BraveHearts Press. Kindle Edition. 

The God who created us knows how hard it is to wait. I believe He gave us prayer so that we can stay busy while we endure long hours, days, months, years, without answers.
Doughty, Becky (2011-07-01). Life Letters: The Fruit of the Spirit (Kindle Locations 564-565). BraveHearts Press. Kindle Edition. 


Patience or prayer have never seemed like action before. Mostly because the two didn't go together in my mind.  


Prayer as patience in action, though, a girl can't get more busy than that.  


Micah 7:7

The Message (MSG)
 7But me, I'm not giving up.
   I'm sticking around to see what God will do.
I'm waiting for God to make things right.
   I'm counting on God to listen to me.



MY HELP IS ON THE WAY!  HE WILL NOT DELAY!



sig2

2 comments:

  1. "...Prayer is patience in action"! I love it! Thank you for a new view on patience. I needed this.

    ReplyDelete