Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Faithfulness from Life Letters


Have you ever felt that taut sickness inside, as if the bowstring of your heart is being pulled back, back, back? It is the testing of your faith, my sister. Fear. Worry. Doubt. Those things can consume you when the earth beneath you is shaking, when the world around you seems out of control, and you feel that there is no hope. But the God of the Israelites, the Lord of Heaven and earth, your Savior and mine, has promised to rescue us. Call out to Him, let Him cover you. Let Him release you. Stand firm in your faith on the Rock, your fortress and your deliverer, even amidst the chaos of the world.
Doughty, Becky (2011-07-01). Life Letters: The Fruit of the Spirit (Kindle Locations 1035-1039). BraveHearts Press. Kindle Edition. 


I've already admitted that I'm an impatient person.  


Here's why I struggle with fear, worry, and doubt.  



Psalm 27:13-14

New Living Translation (NLT)
 13 Yet I am confident I will see the LORD’s goodness 
      while I am here in the land of the living. 14 Wait patiently for the LORD.
      Be brave and courageous.
      Yes,
wait patiently for the LORD.

Pretty sure that verse has my name written all over it. There's a reason Patience is listed before Faithfulness in the fruits of the Spirit.  

How can you trust someone you deem unworthy to wait for?
You can't. It's impossible to be faithful if you refuse to wait. 

This garden may take longer than I thought.





sig2

No comments:

Post a Comment